Times of national crisis can dramatically disrupt a military family’s life. The MISSION: Youth Outreach partnership
supports military youth, ages 6 to 18, coping with a deployed parent, or parents, by creating a positive, supportive network. Through this partnership, children of National Guard, Reserve and Active Duty families, who do not live near or have access to a military Youth Center, can receive a free membership and participation in the after-school program at Boys & Girls Club of Union County Locations in Union, Elizabeth, Hillside, Roselle and Plainfield.
Eligible Military Youth are defined as:
- Children of active duty personnel (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps & Coast Guard).
- Children of deployed National Guard and Reserve personnel.
- Reservist on active duty or during inactive duty personnel training.
- Children of active duty families assigned to newly established joint bases.
- Children of relocated spouse and family members of deployed active duty personnel.