Youth Development Strategy
Boys & Girls Clubs’ programs are designed to maximize opportunities for young people to acquire four basic “senses” which help them build self-esteem and grow into responsible citizens. These four “senses” are:
- A sense of competence - Young people feel proud and confident when they acquire new skills and know they can do something and do it well.
- A sense of usefulness - Young people know that satisfication of doing something of value for others.
- A sense of belonging - Young people know they are welcome and feel they fit in and are accepted.
- A sense of power and influence - Young people know their opinions are heard and valued and that they can influence decisions.
A Boys & Girls Club provides:
- A safe place to learn and grow.
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals.
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences.
- Hope and opportunity.
Core Program Areas
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County offer programs in 5 core areas:
- Character & Leadership Development
- Education & Career Development
- Health & Life Skills
- Sports, Fitness & Recreation
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Union County also offer some specialized initiatives, and social and cultural events.